My Father's Disability Benefits

I was told that with my father being disabled that his disabilty would pay for a home care aide. Is this true and how do I go about doing this? Do they have to be someone through a company are can we hire anyone?

Billie in Pennsylvania, 52

Hi Billie,

The answer really depends on a variety of factors such as disability, your father's age, which insurance he has, and if he is a veteran with benefits. Once a doctor verifies the disability, he writes a prescription for what is needed as well as the extent of the disability. This is then submitted to his insurance company. You may need to do a lot of follow up to explain your father's specific situation to the insurance company, but it's well worth the effort. The insurance company will then let you know what benefits are available and who you can hire to help.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Rate This

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)


caregiver training certificate Home health aide certificate

In The News


caregiver blog

Subscribe to Receive Monthly
Eldercare Tips & Updates!