Social Security Help

I do not care for an elderly parent, but I am caring for a disabled woman in her 50's. A friend told me that possibly Social Security would be able to help me with caring for my disabled lady. Any information that you could provide would be helpful.

Hidea in New York, 47
The first thing you need to do is contact the Social Security department so you can get the latest information from them regarding people with disabilities. You can do this either in person, over the phone, or online ( I prefer to visit in person if possible since speaking directly with someone usually clears up the particulars of your case. If you do visit in person, make sure you go with the woman you’re caring for, and bring her identification and a note from her physician detailing her disability. It’s always better to arrive with as much information as possible so additional trips will not be necessary.
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Rate This

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)


caregiver training certificate Home health aide certificate

In The News


caregiver blog

Subscribe to Receive Monthly
Eldercare Tips & Updates!