Legal Help

I’m caring for my mother now and I know I’m in over my head with some legal things but I don’t have much money nor does she so do you have any advice about what I can do?

MaryAnne in Alabama, 54

Hi MaryAnne,

When you’re a caregiver and have reason to be concerned about any legal issues, it’s important that you contact an elder care lawyer as soon as possible.Each state has its own rules and regulations and guidelines to follow. The rules and regulations may be similar from state to state, but it’s often best for a lawyer to advise you and other family members. There is usually a cost for any consultation to answer your questions, but it may be possible to find an elder care lawyer who will work on a pro bono basis if you have limited funds.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Rate This

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)


caregiver training certificate Home health aide certificate

In The News


caregiver blog

Subscribe to Receive Monthly
Eldercare Tips & Updates!